Weekend In Review
This past weekend was one of those that flew by faster than the speed of light! Here are the highlights:
- Out-of-town friend’s flight got cancelled. Tim and I went out for Japanese food instead.
- I broke my wine embargo.
- Double-shift at my part-time job.
- Made kale chips out of two of the six bunches of kale. Discovered that I’m not a fan. Lucky for me, my co-worker LOVES them.
- Made my favorite Sausage, Kale and White Bean soup. Will be making another batch for recipe-posting purposes. (SO GOOD)
- Didn’t do anything with the other three bunches of kale. I really need to freeze them before Thursday when I get more kale.
- The Vikings lost AGAIN!
- Gave two of the three cats a bath.
I know what you’re thinking: “you gave your cats a bath? Are you insane!?”
Well, let me give you the story about the kitties (warning: kitty photos ahead!):
This is Chester. He’s the old man of the group (he turned 13 this spring) and he has a bit of a skin allergy that makes him itch. We found giving him a bath when his coat starts looking a bit worse for the wear helps him out a lot (so does kitty anti-itch spray). Without spending thousands on testing, our vet determined he was allergic to chicken. Guess what is in nearly all cat foods? You guessed it!
The problem is that the little bugger won’t eat anything but one kind of cat food. He nearly starved himself to death over the 2 months we were trying to switch him to a limited ingredient diet! So the vet just said to feed him what he will eat and deal with the itchiness.
This is Pixel. She’s our sweet girl and turned 11 this year. We also think she’s part otter as she has the oiliest, most water-resistant fur we’ve ever seen. Because of this, she has a hard time keeping herself clean. This means we have to give her a bath once a month to just get rid of the grime that builds up.
She’s not a fan.
Last but not least is Roxy. She is the baby of the group at 10-years-old and she does not ever need a bath. Which is good, because I enjoy my limbs being attached to my body. If you couldn’t tell from the pictures, Roxy is the one in charge of this group.
Here’s a picture of all of them from Christmas 2009:
Ok, I’ll stop being the crazy cat lady now!
For Weigh-In Monday, I forgot to weigh myself! I’ll post the results tomorrow.